top of page

Tell HMRC that you’re going to be attending an inland border facility

HMRC have introduced a service to allow you to tell them in advance, that you’re attending an inland border facility which will help you get processed on site as quickly as possible.

You can do this because the goods you’re moving:

  • are going to an office of departure or office of destination (starting or ending a transit movement)

  • are covered by an ATA Carnet

  • need a CITES permit

If there is another reason why you need to attend an inland border facility, you should tell the onsite marshals the reason when you arrive.

Before you start

There is some key information you will need to know to be able to notify them of your planned attendance:

  • arrival date and time

  • reason for attending

  • Local Reference Number (LRN) (for outbound transit movements)

  • Movement Reference Number (MRN) (for inbound transit movements)

  • the reference number you’ll discharge your movements against

If your a haulier or freight forwarder, you’ll also need to know the driver’s:

  • mobile phone number

  • vehicle registration (front number plate) of the HGV

To end the movements of goods in transit you’ll need either:

  • an EORI number

  • a CHIEF entry number

  • a Customs Declaration Service (CDS) movement reference

How to tell HMRC

Before you can tell HMRC you’re attending an inland border facility, you’ll need to create an account with them which can be done the first time you use the service.

Please use the link below to create an account and notify them of your planned visit.


Opmerkingen zijn uitgezet.
bottom of page